On today’s show we’re talking about e-commerce and marketing physical products online, and joining me to share his insight and experience is Steve Chew from mywifequitherjob.com.
Steve runs an e-commerce site called Bumblebeelinens.com which he started with his wife back in 2007.
I’ve known of Steve for a few years now, and whenever I’ve heard him speak I’ve always been impressed with him. Then, at Social Media Marketing World in March, we finally met in person -- and here we are today, I'm pumped to have him join us on the show.
Steve is an expert on customer acquisitions, elaborate Facebook ad strategies, Google AdWords, content re-marketing, landing pages, carts and funnels to optimize e-commerce businesses.
We get into a TON of stuff today as we break down how he markets his e-commerce business.
On today’s episode we get into:
- The content marketing strategy they use to attract ideal customers, including how they drove people to the content 10 years ago and the strategies they’re using today.
- We break down Steve’s entire FB ads strategy, including:
- His full retargeting strategy
- How he uses dynamic product ads and why they’re the most successful ads in his strategy (he also gives advice on setting them up)
- The offers he makes
- How he pays for his Facebook ads before people have even left his thank you page
- How he uses Facebook video ads
- Why he loves lookalike audiences and his strategy for using them
- Why he doesn’t max out scaling his FB ads
- Why Steve focuses so heavily on building an email list and what his email marketing looks like, including when emails are sent
- What their landing page looks like when sending people from ad to product page
- What email marketing platform Steve uses that’s specific to e-commerce and why it’s key to his business
- And What Steve would do if he were starting from scratch
With so much good stuff to talk about, it’s a safe bet that I’ll need to invite Steve back as a return guest of the show.