Today’s guest has been a listener of the podcast for years now, back to when she was working a corporate job, and you’re going to be super-impressed with what she’s accomplished in her business to date.
Angie Gensler has a social media and digital marketing blog, where she focuses on teaching small businesses owners how to grow their business in a simplified way – without all the hustle.
Angie says she was basically a “team of one” as a marketer for a multi-million dollar company before making the leap to entrepreneurship, which was the driving force behind starting her own business to help other solopreneurs.
In this episode she reveals how her business started as a side hustle, but with the intent to do it full-time eventually, and her almost two-year journey to get there.
Angie was able to leave her corporate job in April of 2018, and today she breaks down her November 2018 ad campaign in which she absolutely crushed it! You’ll hear how she generated almost $200,000 in sales on a $60,000 ad spend mainly targeting cold traffic.
She reveals the strategy and mindset behind creating her amazing ads, including one ad that got engagement and social proof that will blow your mind! Angie also talks about how she used upsells, targeted niches and scaled her ads up effectively starting with just $10 test ads and the fears she faced in doing this.
The approach Angie took may not be the one that I’d recommend for everyone starting out, but she tracked her stats, used really good looking ads and planned things out to maximize her success. The results she’s achieved certainly speaks for themselves, and Angie is just getting started.
Before we start the show, I’ve got something to ask. How do you listen to this podcast? Is it in the iTunes app, Stitcher, Spotify or maybe iHeart Radio? Do you listen to it at regular speed, or maybe like me you listen to your podcasts at 1.5X speed? I want to know! Take a screenshot of you tuning in to The Art of Paid Traffic, and include it on your Instagram Story, while tagging me, @RickMulready!
Want to win a 30-minute strategy session with me? I’ll be drawing one winner at random each month, and all you have to do is give me your feedback on this podcast over at http://rickmulready.com/messenger, telling me what you’d like to hear more of - including topics you’d like to see covered, guests, style and frequency of the show!
• How Angie leveraged Pinterest to initially grow her list and business
• The way she has continued to improve and build on her lead magnet that she turned into her main paid product
• Angie’s Facebook ads strategy and funnel, and the upsells that generated and extra $34,000 and $12,000 of additional revenue for her launch
• Why she targeting specific niches with her ads and used conversions as her objective
• The mindset shift Angie had to make around ad spend in order to scale up from running $10 test ads
• Where she is looking to go now with her business and my recommendation for what she should focus on in 2019